Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One week has passed..


...since this little person arrived at our house. Amazing how someone so small can turn a whole household upside-down! :o)

I was told to rest in bed for a week or two postpartum, and I am finding that the more children I have, the more important that rest period is. There have been times when I was flat on my back, in tears of frustration because I could not rise up and serve my family. But I am learning that time recuperating is time well-spent, and it serves my family well that I rest so that they will have a wife & mother who is strong and well.

And so I am resting.

4 comments:

  1. "I was told to rest in bed for a week or two postpartum, and I am finding that the more children I have, the more important that rest period is."

    This statement is plain wisdom. I found that out the hard way after having Josiah. I came home from the hospital a day earlier than the typical c-section hospital stay. That same day I kept all 4 of our young children alone for several hours and then kept them the whole day the following day. I had probably the least amount of help following Josiah's surgery. I'm not complaining; it's just how things had to be.

    The short of this tale is that I had a MOST miserable time recovering this time around. I'd say that it took me 8 weeks to really feel well again. Rest up, Sis. You'll be better able to serve them after a brief rest. :-)

    Can't wait to hear how your labor went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Tammy, you've done such a wonderful job. Now just be patient and be a good patient and rest up! You'll be up and around and back to normal in no time at all. I'm praying for you.
    Congratulations and Best Wishes,
    from your blogging friend, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulation Coates! She is beautiful. I was praying that all would come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful blessing - take care of yourself so that you can better take care of that beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!