Monday, December 21, 2009

Okay, I'm ready now!

An-y-time now...

I try so hard not to get discouraged, and just allow labor to come on in God's time. Yesterday I realized that, in spite of my efforts, I had indeed mentally worked out my own time frame for this birth instead of leaving it to the Lord. I was in tears as I got dressed for church, remembering that last week I had put my maternity church dresses aside to wash so that I could put them away, since I would not be needing them anymore. Ha!

So I went to church Sunday morning, to face everyone there who were all certain I would have had this baby by now! It's been raining and cold b/c of a hurricane in the Gulf the past few days, and I thought how lovely it would be to stay warm at home alone, laboring to the sound of rain falling outside... Only thing missing was the contractions.

I took a nap in the afternoon, "patiently" waiting for a good, hard contraction. Nothing significant came. So then it was time to get ready for the afternoon church meeting, and I couldn't think of any reason not to go (besides depression?? Well, that's actually a good reason to GO :o), so I rolled my pregnant self out of bed, dressed again, and went with my family.

I have to admit, both morning and afternoon services I was glad I went (once I got there) and especially enjoyed playing the piano. It was soothing, and it took my mind off myself and the baby, as I played and sang unto the Lord!

After getting home later, I put on my nightgown again and went to bed early, "just in case". I awoke a couple hours later. My brother in Wisconsin had called, so I paced the house while talking with him. That conversation was so refreshing! I didn't mind waking up for that.

Daniel and I were both feeling a bit excited, and had a hard time settling down. We talked until late, then finally went to sleep. I had good, hard, low contractions until around 2:30 a.m., then slept well until the sun came up.

SO.. Here I sit, still craddling this little cuddler in my womb. My mom says she just enjoys the ride. She's certainly in no hurry to find the exit! But there is no doubt she will be born soon. I can't wait to share the news. :o)

Thanks for all your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Sis! Since you know about how my births go, it's easy for me to say. But no pregnancy in the history of childbirth went on forever. I guess you can take comfort in knowing that labor hasn't started because she's just not ready yet. Maybe her little lungs, tummy or whatever just need baking a bit more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth! You're absolutely right, no pregnancy in the history of childbirth has gone on forever, LOL! As obvious as that is, verbalizing it IS comforting. :o)

    My mom jokingly asked if the bun stays in the oven too long, does it turn brown? Another lady said that would take some explaining. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!