Thursday, September 3, 2009

Congratulations...!

...to my blogging buddy, Elizabeth, who gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Monday, August 24! She wrote out her birth story, and you can read Part One here, and Part Two here.

Elizabeth has longed for a natural, intervention-free home birth, but has been physically unable to have her children that way. Her story is truly a Picture of Grace (her blog is aptly named) as God has kept her and her family in His care through all circumstances.

Congratulations, my friend! Enjoy that sweet little guy. :o)

3 comments:

  1. elizabeth is a dear friend of mine. her husband went to hs w/ michael and i. they are a dear, sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a disillusioned nurse. In my training, we were told all about the different positions and the wonderful help of tub birthing, we were told the different problems caused by forceps and vacuum devices and fentanyl, (the sole reason they developed the APGAR scores was to monitor blue babies and other complications from these procedures), and yet when practicing in clinical settings with actual moms, the established floor nurses were very put out by "birth plans" and disrespected the mothers' wishes in every way. Most first time moms didn't know any different as many had never taken the prebirth classes. But the informed patients were treated the worst. It was like so much bother for the nurses. As a student nurse, I had one young gal who appreciated my massage of her sacrum and I had the nerve to suggest she pop into their very nice tub, I think I made the floor nurse mad as the mother took off the monitoring device so as not to electrocute herself. This really put a twist in the nurse's panties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farmlady, I appreciate your comment, and your perspective. Seems that sometime between the training and the practising, things change a lot among medical personnel in general! Every birthing mother needs and deserves attendants who care about her and respect her wishes. Sounds like you are a good nurse. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!