Monday, September 7, 2009

Memories of Birth #3

I found these photos of when I was laboring with our third child, May 2002.


Nothing but good memories of this birth! I love my midwives in Texas, and had such a good experience at the birth center there.


Notice I'm not tied down by an i.v. and am free to labor in whatever position feels right at that moment!


Helen is applying warm counter pressure on my lower back. That was SUCH a relief, as my lower back aches terribly as the baby descends. She doesn't talk during the contractions. No one is bursting into the room while I quietly breathe through the contractions.


Birth is never easy. But giving birth in a calm, peaceful, home-like environment sure does make it an easier experience for me!



Labor was allowed to progress naturally, he was born in his own time (no rush), and was immediately placed in my arms. He was never taken out of my presence, and nothing was done to or for him that I did not know about. It was beautiful!

What a blessed birth it was. Thank you, Lord!

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job, Tam.
    My wife is beautiful even when giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful account of such a precious moment. I'm praying for another calm birthing experience for you. I wish more young women could look at childbearing in as positive of a view as you do. God bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so beautiful, Tammy. You truly are blessed in your birth experiences.

    And slowly, I am coming to believe that I am too...just in a different way. I think you understand why. Thanks for all your tremendous encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Elizabeth, you can look into the faces of your healthy, thriving little babies and know that God HAS blessed you, too! Thank God for your safe deliveries. God knew what nobody else did.

    Love & ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, my Love! You're sweet. XX OO

    Pamela, I'm doing my best to show other women in their childbearing years that childbirth is not a curse, but a real blessing! Thanks for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!