Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Taking a peek...



We went in for a sonogram yesterday, hoping to see a normal, healthy baby in a normal, healthy "nest". How the Lord has blessed us, and allowed us to see all that and more!

Of course, everybody wanted to be a part of the experience, so all six children filed into the examining room with their dad and me. They were very well-behaved, and most of them were able to make out the image of a baby from the blurbs on the screen. Science class! (You fellow homeschoolers will understand, ha ha!)

We took a look at all the vital parts, and she is beautiful, inside AND out. Yes, I said SHE! The doctor examined the images of her heart, her abdominal organs, her brain and facial structure, etc.. He explained that earlier that day he did a sono of a baby that was missing the front part of her skull. The room grew silent, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one pondering the fact that not everybody gets a perfectly-formed baby. We have always known that, should the Lord ever give us a child with birth defects, that we would take and love that child, and raise him/her for God, just like the others.


I get to carry this little miracle for just two more months. We continue to plan for a water birth at home. What a joy it will be to hold her in our arms!

"Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things..."

11 comments:

  1. Oh Tammy, she's beautiful, okay not so much now but she will be!
    thanks for sharing this sweet post, I'm so excited and envious in a way also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave Tammy! I'll be praying for you...and Praise the Lord for a great report on your ultrasounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one was missing all of her upper skull bones, which is why she always had to have a bandage on her head. It happens in about 1 in every 1000 babies and it usually accompanies a brain malformation. Anyways, congratulations! It is always reassuring to be told that everything is perfect and normal. I would be a little scared of having a birth at home, but since you've already done it then hopefully everything will go smoothly :) I wanted to have a water birth too, but it wasn't in the cards for us. Now I'm not sure if I would ever be brave enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ultrasounds. I am praising that everything looks good. I love those "4D ultrasounds" too. I had one for the first time with Josiah. Amazing.

    The first ultrasound I had done for Josiah was given by a girl that Jeremy went to school with. She kept going on and on about how great everything looked. Which led me to ask her, "I bet it's hard when you're doing an ultrasound and you see a big problem. You can't say anything because that's the doctor's job, bit in your mind you're thinking, 'This baby has a long road ahead.'" I thank the Lord that I've never had to deal with any of that stuff.

    Just a side note, I see you birthday listed at the top there. Our anniversary is on your birthday. It's also our church's founder's anniversary. August 5th just must be a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your precious little miracle! She is absolutely beautiful! Have you chosen a name yet? The next 2 months will pass so quickly. I'll be praying for you and the little one for a safe delivery. Once again...Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Another girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Tori & Nina! :o)

    Mrs. Bridget, while I do long to hold the little one in my arms, I know it's better to be patient and enjoy the trip. ;o) Pregger mamas don't make good decisions when we get impatient!

    Myah, your little Faith was just as pretty and smiley as any baby I've ever seen! God had a special plan in mind when He gave her to you, and I know you are thankful for the time you had caring for her before He took her to to Heaven. (((love&hugs)))

    Elizabeth, I do not know if I could handle the ups and downs of working in the medical profession, for the reason you mentioned. Would be difficult sometimes!

    OH, and August 5th is a special day indeed, but it isn't my birthday. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out the date on the sonogram!

    Thank you, Sis. Pamela! We are working on a name. I already had a girl's name on my heart, as soon as I knew we were expecting. Just waiting to see what her Daddy wants. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Annette! Yeah, we needed another girl. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's see... well in many nations they list the date backward from us, like it is over there to the left: October 12 = 12/10. So that means your birthday is actually May 8th?

    Please pray for Josiah. He has a fever I can't get to break. I took him to the doctor and she can't either. If it doesn't break today she will probably put him in the hospital. I'm very much not a spazz-monkey over illnesses, but I'm starting to really get concerned. He's still only 7 weeks old. Thanks in advance for your prayers. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's right, Elizabeth! :o)

    I will be praying for little Josiah today, that whatever health issue he is facing will be resolved and the fever brought down! (((Hugs))) for you and baby Josiah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Tammy,

    I'm so glad to hear you are expecting again! It was such a privilege to get to know you two years ago. May the Lord bless and watch over you.

    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!