Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The quickening

About a week ago, I was lying on my stomach, thinking about the baby when I felt a kick for the very first time. Sweet!

Since then, I have felt more activity, usually when I am lying still. Can't wait 'til others can feel it, too, from the "outside"!

"Lord, I thank You for the miracle of this little child within me, and for the thrill of feeling the baby move! Every little part and joint, every tiny sinew and muscle, were carefully and skillfully formed by Your hand. You are my baby's Creator. Marvelous are Thy works!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tammy!!!

    You don't know me at all, but I found you when I did a search for San Miguel Acatan. My husband, Mark, is an MK. He grew up outside of San Miguel Acatan. We have friends in Panahachel, in Huehue, and in Guatemala City. Mark lived in San Miguel until he was 8 and then lived there for half a year every year until he was 16! He has visited several times since then. We have even thought about coming down and living for a year to immerse the children in Spanish and to let them be exposed to people other than Americans. It is so good to read your blog. What specific mission are you guys with? Do you live "in" Quetzal or outside the city?
    Hope this finds you well!
    Love in Christ, Teresa Baker

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!